[Digikam-devel] KimDaBa like Tag Editor

Dominik Fritz digikam at dominikfritz.de
Fri Jun 10 09:20:24 BST 2005

Am Montag, 6. Juni 2005 10:24 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> Le Lundi 06 Juin 2005 10:19 AM, Dominik Fritz a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using digikam for quite a long time and I definitely love this tool!
> > Recently I discovered KimDaba for managing and tagging large sets of
> > images. As dikikam comes with support for tags the only thing which I
> > think is missing is a tag editor like the one in KimDaba which allows a
> > very fast processing of hundreds or even thousands of images.
> > I just startet to implement such an editor for digikam. Is anyone else
> > working on such a thing or is someone else interested in it?
> >
> > Dominik
>
> I have never used Kimdaba tag editor (i'm digiKam developer (:=)))).
>
> Can you give more informations about ? What differents ? Can you give any
> screenshots ?

I finaly have some working code and a screenshot.
http://www.dominikfritz.de/digikam/tagedit.png
http://www.dominikfritz.de/digikam/KimDaBaTagEdit.tar.bz2

The main difference between The Digikam tagedit dialog and this one ist, that
you can select and create Tags in one single diaglog with just typing in
their names. To make tagging large image sets quite easy the tagging can be
done with an autocompletion enabled textfield.
As KimDaBa does not support hierachical tags like Digikam I added a dropdown
to select the parent tags of the tags one wants to select.
As I'm completly new to kde programming don't expect to much from the code. I
just wrote it for my self but maybe someone else is interested in this
functionality and a more experienced coder can include this functionality
into digikam one day.
Right now the dialog makes no changes to the database i.e. it is just
readonly. I think I will add the writing of the tags at the weekend.

Dominik