[Digikam-devel] KimDaBa like Tag Editor

Dominik Fritz digikam at dominikfritz.de
Mon Jun 6 09:39:06 BST 2005

Am Montag, 6. Juni 2005 10:24 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> Le Lundi 06 Juin 2005 10:19 AM, Dominik Fritz a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using digikam for quite a long time and I definitely love this tool!
> > Recently I discovered KimDaba for managing and tagging large sets of
> > images. As dikikam comes with support for tags the only thing which I
> > think is missing is a tag editor like the one in KimDaba which allows a
> > very fast processing of hundreds or even thousands of images.
> > I just startet to implement such an editor for digikam. Is anyone else
> > working on such a thing or is someone else interested in it?
> >
> > Dominik
>
> I have never used Kimdaba tag editor (i'm digiKam developer (:=)))).
>
> Can you give more informations about ? What differents ? Can you give any
> screenshots ?

Well, it is a bit to early for some cool screenshots but I hope I will have a
working example this week.
The main problem with the Comment and Tag editor of digikam is, that it takes
quite a long time to select the necessary tags for an image. In the KimDaBa
Tag editor you can do everything with the keyboard and it supports tag lists
which shows the last used tags on top. This enables a very fast and efficient
tagging.
However to use this feature in Digikam one would have to adopt the concept to
the hierarchical tags used in Digikam.

Dominik