[Digikam-devel] Why I like Kimbada better than Digikam

Carl Russmann crussmann at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 18:21:06 BST 2005

On 7/27/05, Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at free.fr> wrote:

> digiKam 0.8.0 will be very improved. Advanced Searching, Sorting, and Tagging
> tools have been added. After to test 0.8.0 from SVN, you will can say that
> "digiKam suck Kimdaba" (:=))))...

I've been running "0.8" from SVN for a few days now and I'm already
thoroughly impressed.  I'd also been using KimDaBa before, and while
it is very feature rich, its UI just doesn't seem compatible with the
way my mind works...

For what I'm doing, the latest Digikam more than makes up this feature
gap.  Some of the new things are a little "rough" around the edges,
but hey, it's not finished yet!  :)  I haven't run into any stability
problems either, which is spectacular for a project that's being
worked on as actively as Digikam.

Next week I'll hopefully have a bit more free time to look at some of
the new Digikam features I haven't played with yet, and maybe even
delving into the code...

Thanks for all the great work you guys have been doing on Digikam!

--Carl