[Digikam-devel] Two suggestions.

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Wed Jul 27 11:22:01 BST 2005

> But since a HIG is just a guide, we shouldn't have to slavishly
> stick to one of its guidelines it if it doesn't make much sense in
> this special case and even causes annoyance.
> Unlike the handling of files, which I think the hig section was
> written for, moving a tag is an action that is
> a) seldom done accidentally
> b) very easily reversible
> c) is done a lot more often with single items in a row. When moving
> files, you usually select several of them at once and move/copy
> them, in digikam, you select a tag, drag it to an image, select
> another tag, drag it to the image, rather sequentially instead of in
> a bulk (selecting several tags at once is possible, I think, but I
> imagine it's done less often - does anyone know more about this?)

What I usually do is select a number of images and drop them on a tag. (The
reverse has not effectively been possible in 0.7.2). I think this is much
more common when you tag a larger number of images, e.g. from a holiday. You
have multiple photos from the same location.

Is the context menu in this case controversial as well? It gives you
information about the number of selected images, selections are lost so
easily you cannot be sure still all pictures are still selected. However,
this information could be available somewhere else as well.

What about a tooltip "Assign x images to tag y" resp. "Assign x tags to this
image" when you hover the mouse above the icon?

Marcel