[Digikam-devel] Very large strings in digikam 0.8

Gerhard Kulzer gerhard at kulzer.net
Tue Jul 26 06:58:48 BST 2005

Am Montag, 25. Juli 2005 22.11 schrieb Rinse de Vries:
> Hi,
>
> Current trunk version of digikam contains these strings:
>
> #: digikam/scanlib.cpp:124
> _n: There seem to be an album in the database which does not appear to be
> on disk. This album should be removed from the database, but that means you
> might loose information, because all images related to this album will be
> removed from the database as well. digiKam can not continue without
> removing the items from the database because all views depends on the
> information in the database.
> Do you want them to be removed from the database?\n

An album listed in the database is now missing. If you continue, digiKam will
delete its entries from the database including all its image entries and
tags. (possible causes: deletion, not in digiKam root path, volume not
mounted?)
Do you want to continue?\n

> #: digikam/scanlib.cpp:427
> _n: There seem to be an item in the database which does not appear to be on
> disk or is located in the root album of the path. This file should be
> removed from the database, but that means you might loose information.
> digiKam can not continue without removing the item from the database
> because all views depends on the information in the database. Do you want
> it to be removed from the database?\n

A file listed in the database is now missing. If you continue, digiKam will
delete its entries from the database including all its image entries and
tags. (possible causes: deletion, not in digiKam root path, volume not
mounted?)
Do you want to continue?\n

       I think it is important to mention "database entries" so that nobody
will mix it up with the actual files being deleted.

Gerhard