[Digikam-devel] Usability review of tagging in Digikam 0.8

Joern Ahrens joern.ahrens at kdemail.net
Sun Jul 17 23:01:13 BST 2005

On Monday 18 July 2005 16:41, Tina Trillitzsch wrote:
> I finally finished at least the tagging part of my review, because I
> understand it's the most urgent issue for you right now.
>
> Find a html of the review with screenshots and mockups here:
> http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~trilliti/digikam_tagging/main.html
>
> If anybody has comments, suggestions or criticism, please post/reply here
> for discussion :)!

Hey Tina,

first of all, thanks for the report!
Here are my first thoughts

1.1) agree
We should add a seperator below the "New tag" entry

1.2) agree

1.3) no

2.2) indeed

3.3.1) no, now you're able to add a name to the tag and asign an icon in one
step.

3.3.2) agree, but might be confusing to the user

3.3.3) interesting, agree

4) agree. adding a button to the toolbar might be a first solution. What do
you think about an additional view in the image editor (hideable), where you
can add tags, edit comment. Something like the "Edit & comments" dialog,
but not as a modal view, but integrated in the image view.

... Jörn