[Digikam-devel] Lost some tags after upgrade to 0.8

Renchi Raju renchi at pooh.tam.uiuc.edu
Sun Jul 17 18:51:42 BST 2005

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005, Klaus Weidenbach wrote:

> I have upgraded digiKam from an april-CVS version to today's SVN version. It
> worked fine, except one problem. ;) One subtree in the Tags got lost during
> the update and so many tags from the pictures have also disappeared.
>
> Here is the console output from the first start:
> bash-3.00$ digikam
> digikam: No locale found in database
> digikam: Locale found in configfile
> digikam: Successfully upgraded database to sqlite3
> Checking database consistency
> Checking Albums..................(238 Albums) OK
> Checking Tags....................(216 Tags) OK
> Checking Images..................(1237 Images) OK
> Checking ImageTags...............(11033 ImageTags) OK
> Checking Album icons ...............(238 Album Icons) OK
> Checking Tag icons ...............(216 Tag Icons) OK
>
> All Tests: A-OK
> digikam: WARNING: Failed to find parent tag for tag Kvelder with pid 29
> digikam: WARNING: Failed to find parent tag for tag Band og Studio konsert
> with pid 29
> [....]
> digikam: WARNING: Failed to find parent tag for tag Høstfest with pid 33
> [....]
> digikam: WARNING: Failed to find parent tag for tag Julekveld with pid 189
> digikam: WARNING: Failed to find parent tag for tag Snåsa with pid 196
> [....]
> digikam: WARNING: Failed to find parent tag for tag Lekedag with pid 210

looks like the database upgrade went ok, but building the tree structure
in the GUI failed; something which i suspected might happen

albuminfo.cpp:
     bool operator<(const TagInfo& info)
     {
         //TODO: would this cause failure?
         return pid < info.pid;
     }

i will have a closer look at it and try and fix the problem. any chance
you can send me your digikam3.db file in the toplevel photo library path.

> Also three more comments about 0.8svn trunk. Is it possible to show where
> digiKam expects these pictures to be that it wants to delete from the
> database at the first startup? I used find in my digiKam directory, but some
> filenames are double and I am unsure which one it means an others I couldn't
> find.

should be possible (tom, can you add this to your TODO list).

> The new Date view is really nice, but is there a way to switch between EXIF
> date and last change date? Actually I wish it would order them with the EXIF
> date and not the lastchange date.

the date used is the exif date (if available).

> The advanced search gets too wide for my screen to fit, because of some too
> long tag names I guess.

i agree, we have to find a solution to this (happens also when the album
names-are-long/hierarchy-depth-is-deep).

renchi