[Digikam-devel] Moving of preview rectangle in digikamimageplugins

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Thu Jul 7 10:14:36 BST 2005

Dnia czwartek 07 lipiec 2005 07:58, Gilles Caulier napisał:

> > > Done in SVN !!! Please try again and report !
> >
> > Thanks, works for me.
>
> OK. Thanks.
>
> > I noticed just one minute ago. The same situation
> > is with Aspect Ratio Crop.
>
> Yes, i will correct it...
>
> > BTW - few days ago someone mentioned about moving of splitting line in
> > parallel view. This would be useful in border/corner cases. Not very
> > much important feature but there is reason behind it.
>
> splitting line in parallel view from Aspect Ratio Crop ? Perhaps i need
> a big coffee (bresilian, i love (:=))), but i don't understand what you
> mean. Sorry...

Sorry, "Separate view" in plugins like Emboss.

Also - preview rectangle goes weird on smaller images. Try 480x360
pixels or smaller (or narrow ones) and maximize dialog window as much as
possible. There are numerous symptoms from preview not working at all to
not synced preview area and "thumbnail".

> > Digikam still causes enormous memory usage for me. But this is not
> > digiKam itself - X goes wild. Something in digiKam is causing X is
> > eating memory as locust.
>
> Where/When digiKam use memory ? in image editor ? In main interface ?
>
> If you have a doubt about memory leak, try to run digikam with valgrind
> like this :

This rather not mem leak in digiKam itself but something which is
confusing X-Window very, very much.

> # valgrind --tool=memcheck 0.8-experimental/digikam/digikam
>
> ... from your build directory. Don't try to start the main digiKam
> binary from your install directory (me : /usr/bin/) because its will be
> very slow to test.

I will try that later.

m.

Vim Universal Templates