[Digikam-devel] Moving of preview rectangle in digikamimageplugins

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at free.fr
Thu Jul 7 06:58:45 BST 2005

Le Mercredi 06 Juillet 2005 11:29 PM, Mikolaj Machowski a écrit :
> Dnia środa 06 lipiec 2005 16:30, Gilles Caulier napisał:
> > > Such moving of rectangle should not be possible.
> >
> > Done in SVN !!! Please try again and report !
>
> Thanks, works for me.

OK. Thanks.

> I noticed just one minute ago. The same situation
> is with Aspect Ratio Crop.

Yes, i will correct it...

> BTW - few days ago someone mentioned about moving of splitting line in
> parallel view. This would be useful in border/corner cases. Not very
> much important feature but there is reason behind it.

splitting line in parallel view from Aspect Ratio Crop ? Perhaps i need a big
coffee (bresilian, i love (:=))), but i don't understand what you mean.
Sorry...

> Digikam still causes enormous memory usage for me. But this is not
> digiKam itself - X goes wild. Something in digiKam is causing X is
> eating memory as locust.

Where/When digiKam use memory ? in image editor ? In main interface ?

If you have a doubt about memory leak, try to run digikam with valgrind like
this :

# valgrind --tool=memcheck 0.8-experimental/digikam/digikam

... from your build directory. Don't try to start the main digiKam binary from
your install directory (me : /usr/bin/) because its will be very slow to
test.