[Digikam-devel] Working on libkexif

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at free.fr
Mon Jul 4 23:21:54 BST 2005

Le Dimanche 3 Juillet 2005 19:29, Heiner Lamprecht a écrit :
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm new to this list.  I started using digikam a couple of weeks ago
> and realized, that a few things are missing.
>
> Among them, the (for me) most importand thing is the support of
> IPTC-fields.  Therefore I started to work a little bit on libkexif
> today.  The aim is to switch the lib from using libexif to exiv2,
> because the latter offers IPTC.
>
> Right now, libkexif compiles without using libexif, and digikam
> still runs ;-)
>
> I would like to know your opinion on this topic.  Do you think, it
> is usefull to continue?
>

>     Heiner

Yes, IPTC is _important_ to digiKam. You need to contact Renchi Raju, the main
digiKam coordinator to plan IPTC support on libkexif.

We have already talked about this point in this ML. I'm not sure if Renchi
have already started an implementation to support IPTC and XMP (adobe -
http://www.adobe.com/products/xmp/main.html - not supported by exiv2) to
manage embedded image info. Please take a care about.

Actually, i'm working on image editor plugins and digikam lib core, not on
libkexif. Contact Renchi for more information.

Thanks in advance.