[Digikam-devel] Working on libkexif

Heiner Lamprecht heiner at heiner-lamprecht.net
Sun Jul 3 18:29:02 BST 2005

Hello everybody,

I'm new to this list.  I started using digikam a couple of weeks ago
and realized, that a few things are missing.

Among them, the (for me) most importand thing is the support of
IPTC-fields.  Therefore I started to work a little bit on libkexif
today.  The aim is to switch the lib from using libexif to exiv2,
because the latter offers IPTC.

Right now, libkexif compiles without using libexif, and digikam
still runs ;-)

I would like to know your opinion on this topic.  Do you think, it
is usefull to continue?

    Heiner

--
    heiner at heiner-lamprecht dot net    GnuPG - Key: 9859E373
  Fingerprint:  3770 7947 F917 94EF 8717 BADB 0139 7554 9859 E373