[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at free.fr
Wed Dec 14 14:35:35 GMT 2005

Le Mercredi 14 Décembre 2005 15:07, vous avez écrit :
> On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > Ah, the famous RAW importer. Have you progressed in your current
> > implementation ?
>
> No, because I haven't had a decent development machine for the past
> month. My laptop broke down and now I'm making do with an old powerbook
> which is just too slow.

Yes, i have read your blog in the past (:=)))...

> > Personally, RAW loader in digikam work fine. I use an external dcraw
> > instance to decode RAW files, but i'm not satisfied by it. For any
> > performance reasons, including dcraw source code in digikam core will be
> > better, but... dcraw if a sad C ansi implementation, not a clean C/C++
> > library.
>
> So do we: call dcraw in an external process and catch the output from
> stdout. I've taken a look at ufraw, which has a kind of programmable api
> around dcraw, but it's very obscure C code and I couldn't untangle it
> enough from its glib dependencies to re-use.

forget ufraw (:=))) The implementation is completly weird... Take a look in my
current implementation...

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/digikam/libs/dimg/loaders/rawloader.cpp?rev=487108&view=auto

Have you used Kprocess to do it. It will take a while like this...

> > To identify and extract thumbnails from RAW files, parse.c source file
> > from dcraw project is already included to digikam core. If i trying to
> > add dcraw source code, i will have any method conflics between these
> > implementations. I need to create a pure C++ class regrouping all
> > dcraw/parse methods and create a dedicaced lib (in digiKam core). This is
> > not a trivial task, because there is a risk to break dcraw implementation
> > (and future dcraw source code backport).
>
> It'll be hell to maintain, that's for sure.

Not sure if i can building a clean C++ code without broken all dcraw methods.
I will study dcraw/parse source code indeep... This way have been used
certailny by biblepro program...

http://users.tkk.fi/~stanhua/rawcomp/