[Digikam-devel] patches for making printing possible/faster

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at free.fr
Sun Dec 4 17:40:16 GMT 2005

Le Dimanche 4 Décembre 2005 17:51, Anders Lund a écrit :
> Hi,
> The attached patches for digikam and the kipi printing wizard makes
> printing work in a saner way, letting qt/gs decide how to utilizr the
> pixels available in an image.
>
> On my system - 700mhz athlon, 384MB ram i haven't been able to print a
> image from digikam at all before applying those patches except for very
> small images, and that would still take > 30 minutes and require all apps
> but digikam to be closed down. With the patches, printing is taking a few
> seconds, and the quality is similar to what i got.
>
> If this is the wrong place for the patch for KIPI, please let me know.
>
> I'm of course interrested in the result, do you accept these? Would you
> like me to commit them?

In first, thanks for your patches...

digikam image editor patch applied to svn trunk (0.9.0 alpha) and stable
(0.8.x). Tested : work fine here. Need other users feedback...

kipi printwizard not yet applied. The original author of the plugin isn't
available since a long time. If you is interessed to maintain this plugin,
you is welcome...

I recommend you to create a new entry to B.K.O about your print wizzard patch.