[Digikam-devel] patches for making printing possible/faster

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Sun Dec 4 16:51:15 GMT 2005

Hi,
The attached patches for digikam and the kipi printing wizard makes printing
work in a saner way, letting qt/gs decide how to utilizr the pixels available
in an image.

On my system - 700mhz athlon, 384MB ram i haven't been able to print a image
from digikam at all before applying those patches except for very small
images, and that would still take > 30 minutes and require all apps but
digikam to be closed down. With the patches, printing is taking a few
seconds, and the quality is similar to what i got.

If this is the wrong place for the patch for KIPI, please let me know.

I'm of course interrested in the result, do you accept these? Would you like
me to commit them?

Please CC any answers as I'm not on this list.

-anders
--
www: http://alweb.dk
jabber: anderslund at jabber.dk