[Digikam-devel] SideBar support in ShowFoto and Image Editor

Joern Ahrens joern.ahrens at kdemail.net
Thu Aug 18 15:55:42 BST 2005

On Thursday 18 August 2005 08:38, Renchi Raju wrote:
> This is assuming that the sidebar implementation goes in the 0.8
> release. I still have issues with it. I don't really see a pressing
> need why this can't wait till 0.8.1.

Yes, I agree with you Renchi. We should stop adding new features here and
there and come to an end with 0.8. It seems to be stable so we should
announce a first beta version instead. There are more people asking for the
next stable release than complaining about the sidebar.

> I would rather have the focus being on getting a release out quickly
> and fixing any problems with the critical parts like the database
> change, main view changes, the new search implementations and the
> backend changes. And be assured that we have not uncovered all the
> bugs associated with those changes.
>
> Finally, these are just my opinions and any decision made has to be group
> one.

That was my vote.

... Jörn