[Digikam-devel] SideBar support in ShowFoto and Image Editor

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Thu Aug 18 12:53:31 BST 2005

Op donderdag 18 augustus 2005 13:31, schreef Marcel Wiesweg:
> > This is assuming that the sidebar implementation goes in the 0.8
> > release. I still have issues with it. I don't really see a pressing
> > need why this can't wait till 0.8.1. From what i can see there is
> > still a lot of work which needs to be done before the new sidebar
> > implementation is readily usable and stable. And the code being lost
> > is not a serious enough justification. There are plenty of other
> > places where you can place the code, like at digikam.free.fr or bko.
>
> I'm sure there is some place in KDE SVN where one can create branches.
> Instead of providing a tarball from a private development branch on your
> computer, create a branch in SVN. We're no longer using CVS after all,
> copying is cheap in SVN.

svn switch seems to forget to switch some files now and then. I've seen it and
I've heard others having the same problem.

svn merge is a disaster of both copies have changed. When i merged the
experimental branch back to trunk I've had conflicts of the whole file, so
first you have the original, then the conflict marker and then the new
version. Which sucks, because you then need to see in history of the orignal
file to see what changed and merge that in the new one.

So copying is cheap, but the tools to switch and merge back are bad. So there
is no difference, other then theoretical _and_ in this regarard, with cvs.

Toma