[Digikam-devel] SideBar support in ShowFoto and Image Editor

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Thu Aug 18 12:31:46 BST 2005

> This is assuming that the sidebar implementation goes in the 0.8
> release. I still have issues with it. I don't really see a pressing
> need why this can't wait till 0.8.1. From what i can see there is
> still a lot of work which needs to be done before the new sidebar
> implementation is readily usable and stable. And the code being lost
> is not a serious enough justification. There are plenty of other
> places where you can place the code, like at digikam.free.fr or bko.

I'm sure there is some place in KDE SVN where one can create branches.
Instead of providing a tarball from a private development branch on your
computer, create a branch in SVN. We're no longer using CVS after all,
copying is cheap in SVN.
(To be explicit: this does in no way mean a fork!)
You could work on it, provide it to others, stabilize it, and selectively
merge it back when you agree on it, without interfering with stable releases.

Marcel