[Digikam-devel] SideBar support in ShowFoto and Image Editor

Joern Ahrens joern.ahrens at kdemail.net
Mon Aug 15 16:19:46 BST 2005

On Monday 15 August 2005 17:11, Caulier Gilles wrote:
> Le Lundi 15 Août 2005 14:24, Mikolaj Machowski a écrit :

> > To Rainer: data displayed here is rather vertical in nature, displaying
> > it horizontally would be difficult. Maybe making tab floating?
>
> tab floating ? What is it ? (:=)))

Detaching a view from the sidebar and displaying it in a separate window (like
in kdevelop). But this wont be implemted, because it isn't userfriendly.
Users (particularly newbies) tend to destroy their view when they can use the
floating tabs. We had a long discussion about this option, when I added the
sidebars to digikam and we decided against it.

... Jörn