[Digikam-devel] selection code question

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Sun Aug 14 03:22:02 BST 2005

> Well take a llok in Refocus handbook :
>
> http://docs.kde.org/development/en/extragear-graphics/digikamimageplugins/c
>omparison-plugin-refocus.html

Ok, I have ported my script-fu smart-sharpen over to gimp-2.2.x - sometimes
Gimp-scripting is a little bit like voodoo, but now it works again.

So I attach the example png file filtered by smart-sharpen. You can clearly
see that you can use a larger Amount compared to standard "unsharp masking"
without getting halos and don't have this artefacts like in standard
"sharpen" or "refocus"-plugin.
Of course this is not a solution for every kind of problem, every method has
its pros and cons. But if you have a nealy sharp photo and wants to make it a
little bit sharper after e.g. resizing then smart-sharpen is strong.

Bye

  Thorsten

p.s. 110KB - so no attachment but a link :-)
http://www.schnebeck.de/smart-sharpened.png