[Digikam-devel] selection code question

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at free.fr
Sat Aug 13 14:53:32 BST 2005

Le Samedi 13 Août 2005 13:17, Thorsten Schnebeck a écrit :
> > Do you have any links about DRI (Dynamic Range Increase) source code
> > (gimp plugins for example)
>
> Yes my own Script-Fu :-)
> http://forum.ebv4linux.de/files/dri.tar.gz
> And a German-only description how it works
> http://www.ebv4linux.de/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=19
> but babelfish will generate a reasonable translation.

Thanks. I will take a look...

> > > or advanced sharpen.
> >
> > Try 'Refocus' plugin from SVN.
>
> I did - with great hopes. But the results are frustrating and I think
> refocus can only be used if you got pictures with a fidgety background like
> the sun flowers in the plugins handbook.
>
> If you use refocus to sharpen the eye in a portrait you get bad artefacts
> in the boket (unsharp background). And this is the power of smart sharpen.
> Here you only sharp the egdes and protect the blur.
>
> Please try our example in
> http://www.ebv4linux.de/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=24
> (again please use babelfish)
> with refocus plugin. Maybe I only do not understand the plugin parameter
> :o)

Well take a llok in Refocus handbook :

http://docs.kde.org/development/en/extragear-graphics/digikamimageplugins/comparison-plugin-refocus.html

And this example :

http://extragear.kde.org/apps/digikamimageplugins/refocus.png.

To use this plugin on an image, you nned to adjust 'Correlation' and 'Noise
Filter' parameters.

> But I mean DRI and smart sharpen only as an example for plugins that work
> on a part of the whole image like "red eye". Having a simple stamp and a
> unsharp mask in a alpha channel like selection of 8 bit again would mean
> less GIMP or Krita and more digiKam for standard photo retouche :-)
>
> I dont mean this as a wish - there is already so much stuff in BKO -  but
> more as a stategic question like I asked 16Bit/channel in the past

DImage framework, 16 bits/color/pixels is planed for 0.9.0...

> . Its not
> a feature more question of future design.
>
> I still compare digikam with Fix Foto and digikam-0.8pre IS nearly on the
> same level!
> http://www.j-k-s.com/index.php?idcat=2
> But stuff like colorkey or DRI is missing:
> http://www.j-k-s.com/index.php?idcatside=46
> http://www.j-k-s.com/index.php?idcatside=74
>
> Thanks
>
>   Thorsten