[Digikam-devel] selection code question

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Thu Aug 11 21:42:25 BST 2005

Hi,

I don't know that much about digiKam interia but this something I always wants
to know :-)
Is a selection a separate lets call it "alpha channel"? Would it be possible
to use it as drawing mask for all filters?

If this is possible but today not realized, could this be a _very_ interesting
base for a new type of plugins like DRI or advanced sharpen.

The other way round could also be very useful: Mark a selection and have a
small RMB menu "soft selection", "use selection as stamp".

Possible or out of question by design?

Bye

  Thorsten