[Digikam-devel] is QT4 made compulsary requirement?

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at free.fr
Thu Aug 4 09:59:12 BST 2005

Le Mercredi 3 Août 2005 22:22, Vardhman Jain a écrit :
> Hi,
> I just checkout the libs directory from
> svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/extragear/libs and I get this error
> while configuring
>
> checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 4) (headers and libraries)
> not found. Please check your installation (and make sure you compiled Qt
> with -debug - doing symlinks to a -release build of Qt4 will introduce
> breakage, do not do that -)!
> For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
>
> This is too bad, are we forced to shift to Qt4 now itself? I don't
> understand everytime I do a svn update I get some new issues to be solved.
>
> :( Also as usual the external link fetching problem with svn continues so I
>
> update the admin module manually and gave a symlink, but that two was
> giving some problems like
> admin/am_edit is not found? Could someone help?
>
> Vardhman
> --

In web project pages (digikam, digikamimageplugins, kipi) the svn instructions
are now wrong. Cause trunk is based on
Qt4 and KDE4 :

# svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kde-common/admin

does not work anymore. Better use :

# svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kde-common/admin

We need to fix web pages...