[Digikam-devel] TagEdit again

Dominik Fritz digikam at dominikfritz.de
Tue Aug 2 08:32:13 BST 2005

Am Montag, 1. August 2005 17:27 schrieb Thomas Müller:
> Am Montag, 1. August 2005 08:35 schrieb Dominik Fritz:
> > Hi,
> >
> > after tagging several houndrets of photos with my by Kimdaba inspired tag
> > editor (http://www.dominikfritz.de/digikam/tagedit.png) I came to the
> > conclusion that it was actually not very ergonomic to have those three
> > taglists.
>
> Argh did you have a look at recent snapshots? You should have, there
> already is a auto-complete-like search in there, it just needs a little
> tweaking.

Well, of course I know the search field in the current comment editor. However
it is not exactly what I need. For me an autocomplete makes only sense if one
also have the tags chronological ordered. Because otherwise I would have to
type a lot more characters to select the right tag or allways have the
"wrong" tag, which might by incident be the smallest if sorted in
alphanumerical order, at top of the list.

I totally agree with Tom that the treeview is maybe what 99% of the users
need. However if you have really a lot of tags you can not see anymore which
tags you allready assigned to the current image and I think with the
chronological list view one can assign the tags faster compared to the
dropdown with the last used tags which was integrated in the current svn
version.

I think I will try to fix the autocompletion issue and try to integrate it
somehow in the current comments and tag editor but as it is a quite
specialized tool it's maybe not necessary to integrate it into digiKam.

Dominik