Enzyme updates: easier work on Commit Digest

Vladislav Blanton vblanton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 00:02:40 UTC 2013

Hello Marta, hello team,

Wonderful work continuing the digest.

Since you ask, Marta, here is a post of ideas I had a while ago on how to
streamline/slim down the work, but didn't have any responses at the time:

> I had some thoughts, a while ago, on how to slim down the amount of work
> necessary to publish digests. I didn't take the time to share them then,
> and then forgot for a while, and your email reminded me to write again. Who
> knows, perhaps there may be some agreement, insight or movement from them?

I had a thought, perhaps revolutionary, that developers ought to select
> which commits make it to the digest for review. Some kind of tag that our
> digest system catches. then, there would be wayyy less review of nonsense
> commits, just mainly classification (though it is fun sometimes to see it
> all, isn't it?).
> and then a different, though not exclusive idea: perhaps no
> classification? with roughly 100 commits per digest, i have a feeling
> that the classification/categorization is more work than is worth the
> effort and time. As a reader prior to being on the team, in my experience,
> I just skimmed through them all when i was interested in more than the
> synopsis. in addition, classification is often silly, as commits can fall
> into multiple categories or none. Sometimes, the difference between whether
> a commit is a feature or a bug fix depends more on how a user uses the
> software than how the developer classified it.

We'll see if these catch any interest,

Good to see you all keeping the torch aflame,

Vlad