Digest up to date (#253, #254, #255, #256, #257, #258, #259, #260 out)!

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Mon Nov 12 23:06:14 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 10:04 PM, Marta Rybczynska
<kde-i18n at rybczynska.net>wrote:

> Hello all,
> Very interesting discussion! We do have a framework for content from
> developers,
> please look in the 'Features' section. However, it does require content.
> Some
> developers write something special for us, but that is quite rare. It works
> better if we contact them directly. Until now we have only used featured
> articles, but I think it is a good idea to add  an option wth a link to a
> blog
> post or any other material.
>
> How to make developers more active (they are already reading the digest,
> we know that :) is another good question and I am very curius of the ideas
> you may have.
>
> Cheers,
> Marta
>
> Jürgen Appel wrote:
> > addenda:
> >
> > In case we decide the former is desirable, I also propose to identify (ie
> > create a list) of devs who
> >
> > *  are vocal (they write blogposts, forums, mails)
> > *  do stuff (there are interesting commits)
> > * ...
> >
> > and then approach them personally (mail / irc / voicemail / telepathy..)
> > for
> >
> > * a short round of questions about what they are working on at the moment
> > -> digest material
> > * what we could do so that they personally would interact more with the
> > digest (digest tag, the reports we once used to have in the synopsis)
> > * what they think we could do for other devs to be more attractiv to talk
> > to ; )

Maybe it would be interesting to be able to attach screenshots/screencasts
to commits.

For starters, further integration of reviewboard would be interesting
because we can already fetch screenshots from there and also a
more verbose explanation of the change.

Aleix