what is the digest for?

Jos Poortvliet jos at opensuse.org
Mon Dec 31 13:01:16 UTC 2012

On Friday 28 December 2012 19:02:10 Aaron Honeycutt wrote:
> I'm just wondering on how it helps KDE as a whole.

* It allows the development side of our community to know what happens
outside the borders of what they directly follow (very few developers can
follow all the mailing lists of all projects). Resulting in better
synchronization between our (independent!) development teams in KDE.

* It helps prospective new developers find out what is going on and what
area's they might contribute to. Bringing in new people.

* It helps the wider community follow what is going on easier and more
closely. Builds enthusiasm, increases awareness and potentially creates
news.

* It helps the KDE Promo team prepare for release announcements by providing
a good overview of what has happened in a given product cycle. Resulting in
better, easier to write release announcements.

* Last but not least, it puts a spotlight on developments which deserve
that. Motivating people and giving credit where it is due.

In short, the value of EVERY communication ANYWHERE applies to the digest as
well... And working on it is an awesome contribution to KDE and a potential
first step in getting more involved!

BIG hugs to the folks working on it ;-)

/Jos