Digest in trouble?

Marta Rybczynska kde-i18n at rybczynska.net
Thu Sep 29 17:39:33 UTC 2011

Dnia czwartek 29 wrzesień 2011 o 15:17:05 Danny Allen napisał(a):
> Hi all,
> It seems to me that the Commit-Digest is in trouble - if we are all too
> busy to work on it, and no new people are joining us to work on it (after
> Marta blogged about it), what is the solution?

That is pretty sad that there are no new people - the blog post was also on
Planet.

> I've always said that although I can build and maintain the platform for
> collaboration, I can't do the work of actually producing the weekly Digest
> anymore. Despite this, I am the top commit reviewer of the past week,
> there are over 1500 commits needing to be reviewed/classified, and it
> seems the last 2 weeks Digests are yet to be published.

I can finish the 18th September digest today, the next one is not ready
(commits not reviewed).
In my case, I usually do hit-and-run, so I review all that is left+write the
summary. However, when there are 1000+ commits left, it is not very
encouraging.

BTW the hit-and-run is often launched by a post on the list. As there was
nothing in at least a week, well...

> Sorry for what might seem a negative tone, but this situation has been
> building for a while now and it is now urgent. It would be a huge shame to
> lose the momentum of regular publication we have built over the last 9
> months.

Pretty much agree, but there is no solution other than more people IMO.
The question is how to get to the potential contributors.

Marta