Digest in trouble?

Alexander van Loon a.vanloon at alexandervanloon.nl
Thu Sep 29 13:47:51 UTC 2011

Danny, I agree and your negative tone (if any) is justified. After all, many (?) people apparently took a break without
informing the list, myself included. I personally feel I have no excuse for not working on the Digest a few weeks and feel a
bit ashamed about it. Even though my master's programme started during the first week of September, I have no part-
time job at the moment so I have plenty of free time. The problem is that I didn't give the Digest sufficient priority.

I'm not sure if I can do any work on it today or tomorrow (maybe in the evenings) but I promise I will work on it this
Saturday and Sunday to kill that backlog.

In your e-mail you ask Jos a question, but it seems you have not CC'ed him?

On Thursday 29 September 2011 14:17:05 Danny Allen wrote:
> Hi all,
> It seems to me that the Commit-Digest is in trouble - if we are all too busy to work on it, and no new people are joining
us to work on it (after Marta blogged about it), what is the solution?

> I've always said that although I can build and maintain the platform for collaboration, I can't do the work of actually
producing the weekly Digest anymore. Despite this, I am the top commit reviewer of the past week, there are over 1500
commits needing to be reviewed/classified, and it seems the last 2 weeks Digests are yet to be published.