[kde-promo] Fwd: Digest in trouble?

Vladislav Blanton vblanton at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 19:25:42 UTC 2011

Hey Team,

I'm really glad that you brought this up, Danny. I have been thinking about
it myself, as we all have. I agree with Jos, that we probably could use a
constant influx of newcomers to join in on the process of writing the commit
digest. I agree with Marco, as well, that any way to technically make the
process automatic without minimizing the digest's capacity to highlight
important commits is excellent. However, the important thing to remember
that no matter how much Danny makes the process easier, there will always be
manual work on our behalf that is necessary too.

Myself, I have been swamped with my final semester in college and completing
my thesis work. I found myself reviewing 100-1000's of commits and doing the
reviewing (often on my own) became daunting -- hence why I slipped out over
the last couple weeks.
Alexander and Marco, it would be great if you could both jump back into the
review process again. I will also try to set aside an evening a week to chip
in as well. Marta, your work has been great, thank you so much.

So, the answer? Perhaps following some of Jos's suggestions..

Vlad