writing a feature article?

Vladislav Blanton vblanton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 23:40:13 UTC 2011

Great!

I suggest either linking a project (Mer, for instance) to its website
and/or provide a brief explanation. It is good to explicate a bit on any
term you think is unknown, or contextualize it. For instance, writing "on
i586 and ARM *processors* *which today's mobile devices run on.*" That way,
there is enough context to make sense of the information even if someone
doesn't know what "i586" or "ARM" means. QML and Nepomuk have been
explained elsewhere, and so it is up to you whether you want to include a
brief explanation of those terms.

I think that writing about projects that are relatively unknown and/or need
an extra hand is a particularly good use of the digest feature space. So,
YES on writing about older projects (as long as they are still active).

Remember to be in contact with someone from the project and ask them what
they think should be written about. Often, developers will actually write a
majority of the text in the feature article. They are the knowledgeable
ones after all :)

Thanks for your work, I look forward to having features again in the digest!

Vlad