We are up to date!

Marco Krohn marco.krohn at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 8 02:45:29 CET 2011

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 10:36 PM, Danny Allen <danny at commit-digest.org> wrote:
> Fantastic work Vlad!
> It's been a long journey but i'm really excited that we are now up-to-date!

Indeed fantastic work Vlad and everyone else! Also thanks for the
great fixes and additions Danny!

> I just worry a little because this needs to be a sustainable operation and this list has been pretty quiet the past week, and having one person do so much of the work doesn't support that.
> Where has everyone gone?
> Do we need more editors?
>
> I'll send a message to some people who used to review commits but have faded away.

I was quite surprised to read that we are already 39 "enzymists"... on
the other hand it would not be too surprising if Pareto's principle
[1] would apply to us, as well ;-)  It would be interesting to know if
everyone is aware of this mailing list (and has subscribed). Maybe
this is something you (Danny) could add to your motivational email and
also ask all new contributors to join this mailing list, as well. From
an organizational and motivational point of view this is important
IMHO.

Unfortunately, I could not help very much in the last few weeks.
Personally, I see my main responsibility in keeping an eye on the
"review" and "classify" section and help keeping both on a low level.
By the way: we have around 500 unreviewed commits at the moment ...

I will also try to keep the documentation (community wiki) up to date
and if time permits help with the "featured article" section (btw: is
the Kst task still open Danny?)...  thus I hope to see not too many
unreviewed commits tomorrow :-)

Have a nice day,
  Marco

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle