regarding country settings for committers

Alexander van Loon a.vanloon at alexandervanloon.nl
Tue Jul 12 20:32:15 CEST 2011

Just today I had contact with Vishesh Handa regarding a feature article for the Digest. He mentioned that he suspects that his
country settings for the statistics of the Digest are wrong, because India seems underrepresented even when he codes a lot.
He would like to know how he can change his country settings?

I remember this was talked about on the list many monts ago, but could you please refresh our minds regarding this issue
Danny? Besides this question from Vishesh, I wonder if I/we can do anything to make the statistics for the Commit Digest
more complete? For example if I look at country statistics for the last Digest as a list, 45% is unknown (maybe that's also the
cause of your problem, Vishesh?), similar for the commit demographics statistics.

If it's necessary maybe we could get this information by manually e-mailing developers or looking up from which country they
are by using search engines? Might take a day or more to that for all developers, but now it's vacation time anyway.