Automatic Commit Path Sorting

Danny Allen danny at commit-digest.org
Thu Jan 6 03:33:21 CET 2011

Hi All,
I have just finished and uploaded the Commit Area Sorting configuration interface I talked about a few days ago.
It is located under Tools > Commit Path Sorting.

# Please don't click into the other items on that page, I haven't completely finished hiding the inappropriate items yet. #

The auto filtering into areas works on a substring match: '/trunk/playground/base/' would match commits to /trunk/playground/base/plasma/applets/publictransport and others. This means that we need to be as precise as possible, otherwise commits will be wrongly classified.

New filters work immediately, so any new filters will be applied in the classify interface as soon as they are saved.
We should also be careful in only adding filters to cover commits to common areas, I don't want 100's of these filters, so only add them if you think they will be beneficial.

Cheers,
Danny