DIGEST tag

Danny Allen danny at commit-digest.org
Tue Apr 5 10:15:54 CEST 2011

I agree, I will implement this tonight.

Cheers,
Danny

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vladislav Blanton" <vblanton at gmail.com>
To: "digest" <digest at kde.org>
Sent: Monday, 4 April, 2011 7:17:15 PM
Subject: Re: DIGEST tag

I've seen it too, but also only from Stefan Majewsky. I think we should remove the word, much like we remove CCMAIL.

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Marco Krohn < marco.krohn at googlemail.com > wrote:

Dear all,

it seems our recent discussion about adding a DIGEST tag already
helped... I have seen people using it now for the third time:

"Commit 1226735 by Stefan Majewsky (majewsky)
/trunk/KDE/kdegames/palapeli/src2011-04-01 23:53:28
Memory usage optimizations for big puzzles.

DIGEST

1. Cleanup the unprocessed piece images after having finished loading.
2. Restrict the shadow radius to 50px maximum.

With a big test puzzle (4000x4000, 300 pieces), memory usage (for the
whole process) drops from 780 MB to 370 MB.

Optimization 1 makes 100 MB (= one set of uncompressed piece images),
optimization 2 fress about 300 MB (because the shadow size decreases
from about 300px to the new limit of 50px).

Note that loading time has not been affected by this. It's still
awfully slow if you have the visual effects enabled."

Danny would it be possible to highlight the word such that we can
easily spot it? That would be helpful.

Question for the editors: should we remove the the word "DIGEST" from
the commit message?

Have a nice day,
Marco