Few questions regarding KSettings

Edson Contreras Cárdenas edrecon at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 13:29:00 UTC 2016

Hi guys,

After several days reviewing the code and trying to understand choqok
features (I didn't have a twitter account before) I have a few questions
regarding to KSettings and how you handle the images inside the code.

I just realized that I had a crash with the splash screen because choqok
didn't find the splash screen image and a nullptr was accessed. I
personally believe that only I have the problem because I'm using QtCreator
with shadow build configuration, however I would consider to create a .qrc
file with the images.

if you see mainwindow.cpp:137 in crash-splash-screen.png attached, you see
a checking for null image, and then in mainwindow.cpp:158 it tried to
access to a nullptr and it crashed.

Regarding to the KSettings issue. If I run my built version, against the
installed version from ubuntu repository, I have a major difference in the
settings, and I cannot even set up an account, so it is unusable. Do you
know if I have something missing? Am I linking to a wrong path or something
like that? Because it appears to be a issue with a system call. (the window
is shown right after the highlighted method *show()* in the picture
ksettings-issue.png attached)

Thanks for all your support :-)

--
Atte.