Feature suggestion: touch-scrolling strip

Yuen Hoe Lim yuenhoe86 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 07:47:29 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I have a touchscreen device, and one afternoon some time ago now I decided
that I wanted to be able to scroll choqok with my fingers without having to
try to micromanage the scrollbar. So I hacked something together using
FlickCharm (
http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2008/11/15/flick-list-or-kinetic-scrolling/)
that replaces the scrollbar with a wide strip that can be scrolled with a
finger. Only the strip is scrollable so the post widgets are still
interactable in the normal way. I made a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8m2RClhcRY

So far I've been happy to have it, so I'm wondering: do you think it makes
sense to integrate this into mainline choqok, maybe as a config option that
can be toggled on/off? I know that the more ideal way to address
touch-friendliness is probably to rewrite the choqok UI in qml or
something, but I figure until then this is nice to have for touch screen
users like myself.

What do you think? If this might be good to have I'll go and tidy up my
patch and make a review request :)

----
Lim Yuen Hoe, Jason (moofang)
http://yuenhoe.com/