Autocorrect functionality

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Wed Oct 19 16:42:29 BST 2022

On Mittwoch, 19. Oktober 2022 01:05:19 CEST Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Sorry for the cross-posting.
> Please CC me, i'm on none of the two lists
>

> Both pimcommon and calligra have Autocorrect functionality, but PIM one
> broke at some point and I guess no one realized?

[...]

> Solutions:
>  A) Make PIM look for files also in GenericDataDir/calligra and live with
> the dependency to calligra for the feature B) Accept that the feature in
> PIM was broken for a long time and just remove it C) Make a library that
> both PIM and Calligra use
>
> Ideally we would go with C but we all know it's not like we have lots of
> people with time available to jump and work on this...

Right, that's ultimately what I'd like to see as well, all the auto-
correction, grammar checking and translation features moving into Frameworks,
alongside spell-checking. Those are all features you would like to have
everywhere you write more than a few words of text IMHO.

But lacking time for this, it's not more than a wishlist item unfortunately...

Regards,
Volker