Translation issues with the calligraplan documentation

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Fri Mar 27 10:29:35 GMT 2020

Dag ha scritto:
> Dag skrev den 2020-03-26 09:57:
>
>> I have adjusted the structure so now xml2po extracts all texts, at least.
>>
>> Haven't tested if xml2po works.
>>
>> Also noted there are problems with keycode/keycap, but let's see if my
>> changes is enough to generate translated docs.
>
> After further investigation it seems xml2po cannot handle docs that are split
> into several files (despite man page indicates so).

> Docbook operates by including files effectively creating one document out of
> all the files, while xml2po operates on each file individually. This means
> that entities etc will not be available to xml2po as you cannot have <!DOCTYPE
> tag in included files.

We do have documents split into multiple files. See for example kstars and
krusader. Please follow their structure.

> A see two ways to fix this:
> 1) Make xml2po understand included files.
> 2) Have the whole document in one file.
>
> A don't think 1) will happen soon, so I will go with 2).

I suggest to revert the change 2), or it will break all existing translations
and it will make the work on it very complicated. Again, we have examples of
documentation spanning multiple files.

--
Luigi