T12815: Create Calligra Framework by separating out applications and libraries

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 13 20:32:44 GMT 2020

ngraham added a comment.

  I'm always in favor of moving shared content into frameworks, but just to be a miserable contrarian here (so feel free to ignore me), is the size of a git repo really an impediment to new contributors? In my experience, the opposite is true, that the more git repos one needs to check out to be productive, the more opportunities there are for failures due to missing dependencies, code compiled out of order, etc. I mean, with a huge repo, you just clone it once and it's done. If it takes 30 seconds or a minute or two, is that really a big deal?

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T12815