D29242: WIP: redesign sidebar

Carl Schwan noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 28 12:23:55 BST 2020

ognarb planned changes to this revision.
ognarb added a comment.

  In D29242#658883 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D29242#658883>, @boemann wrote:

  > Well you are definitely in the right class to make such changes.
  >
  > The thing is the current  code was made to adopt to many different user wishes - so the user could choose
  >
  > What you are doing is to throw all that away - would it be impossible to have this new way as a mode so we don't throw away the old but enhance it with something new.
  >
  > I don't mind if the new mode becomes default

  The idea is to remove some of the configuration possibility: for example only allowing the KoModeBoxDocker to be a left or right sidebar. (putting at the top and bottom was completely broken anyway so I don't think many people did it).

  For the TabBar orientation, I'm trying to create only the the one in the first mockup from manueljlin and then add then probably the also the one from the last mockup. This is really WIP and I didn't thought it would be send to the mailing list :/

REPOSITORY
  R8 Calligra

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D29242