D19216: Karbon: Enable multi page capability

Dag Andersen noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 25 11:41:11 GMT 2019

danders added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> anthonyfieroni wrote in KarbonConfigInterfacePage.cpp:73-90
> We can remove "number of recent files" since other apps does not have it. but for other 2 i don't see why we remove them, someone can found useful (somehow). About me, i want them back, recent file complete remove not commented.

I reconsiddered this, sheets actually also implements this so I'll leave it in.
(It does not work properly neither for karbon nor sheets, but that for different rainy day)

> danders wrote in KarbonConfigInterfacePage.cpp:73-90
> Recent file & docker font:
> Why does karbon need these, none of the other apps have it.
> Personally I would remove it, alternativly implent for all apps.
> Canvas color:
> I don't quite see what it is for. You can set a background color for the canvas but it is only for the views, it is not printed.
> Also, if you have multiple views, it sets it in all views.

I also reconsidder docker font setting. It is useful and (partially) implemented in libs. You have to restart to get the new setting.
This should be impleneted for all apps, but that's for a different patch.

But, when it comes to canvas background, the more a look into it the more I dislike it.
Afaics it goes against both odf spec, wysiwyg and pageapp implementation.
Unfortunatly it was implemented so long ago that there is not mail archive any longer and
the git log doesn't give any reason.
Unless I get a *very* good reason to implement this I will not include it.

REPOSITORY
  R8 Calligra

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D19216