Qt version and new website

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Dec 3 14:59:45 GMT 2019

On dinsdag 3 december 2019 15:54:53 CET Carl Schwan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to know if we could change the Qt dependency from Qt 5.3 to Qt 5.9 at least.
>
> I think some parts already depends on Qt 5.7 at least. For example in Calligra Gemini, there is
> a dependency to Kirigami, that depends on Qt Quick Control 2 introduced in Qt 5.7.
>
> I suppose there are two possible reasons, we still depend on Qt 5.3:
>
> + Nobody bothered to change the CMakeLists.txt

I think it was because Jolla, which uses Calligra as the Sailfish documents application still is on Qt < 5.9:

"We (Jolla) are looking reasonably into the summer or even 2nd half of 2019 for the Qt 5.9 roll-out. "

See https://together.jolla.com/question/194079/qt-512-and-sailfish-os-3/

--
Boudewijn Rempt | https://www.valdyas.org | https://www.krita.org