Qt version and new website

Carl Schwan carl at carlschwan.eu
Tue Dec 3 14:54:53 GMT 2019

Hello,

I wanted to know if we could change the Qt dependency from Qt 5.3 to Qt 5.9 at least.

I think some parts already depends on Qt 5.7 at least. For example in Calligra Gemini, there is
a dependency to Kirigami, that depends on Qt Quick Control 2 introduced in Qt 5.7.

I suppose there are two possible reasons, we still depend on Qt 5.3:

+ Nobody bothered to change the CMakeLists.txt
+ Some parts of Calligra need a version of Qt <= 5.3

I hope this is the first reason.

In other news, I created a task for Season of KDE to rewrite the Calligra website using
KDE branding and a Jekyll theme (https://invent.kde.org/websites/jekyll-kde-theme). So that
we have a website looking like kontact.kde.org and cantor.kde.org.

Cheers,

Carl Schwan
https://carlschwan.eu