[Maniphest] [Commented On] T665: Show default (empty) document on startup in document-based Calligra apps

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 10:38:01 GMT 2016

On Tuesday January 19 2016 10:07:25 kossebau wrote:

>Unless I have seen and read the reports of the UI designers of MS, LO & Co. and their reasoning for why it is like this, it seem just blind copying of their UI, which does not make sense to me and my needs.
>And otherwise I also would not need to work on Calligra, if LO UI would already be what I want.

That sounds like a perfect alternative wording of the kind of argument (La)TeX fans use to explain why they don't use a WYSIAYG contraption ;)

In practice, don't most users simply open an existing document of their own that comes closest to whatever new document they're going to create, and work from there? That is certainly how I tend to work, regardless of the kind of document or the application used to create it. I also tend to prefer to start with a truly empty and virgin slate in the (rare) cases I really start something new.

end of noise :)

R.