[Maniphest] [Commented On] T665: Show default (empty) document on startup in document-based Calligra apps

kossebau (Friedrich W. H. Kossebau) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 19 10:07:25 GMT 2016

kossebau added a comment.

Unless I have seen and read the reports of the UI designers of MS, LO & Co. and their reasoning for why it is like this, it seem just blind copying of their UI, which does not make sense to me and my needs.
And otherwise I also would not need to work on Calligra, if LO UI would already be what I want.

Surely helping people to transition from learned & trainred usage patterns (first start app, then go to app menu to find template, select template) is something that can be useful, when trying to gain new users for the only sake of gaining new users. For them having this variant makes sense, they would possibly thing something is broken if there is no empty white sheet seen after app start.

The plasmoid and krunner I talk about is completely decoupled from Calligra code, so no need to fear dependencies.
The integration hook needed in Calligra for which I will send the patch is generic as well and useful for other cases. Don't judge too quickly without having seen the details :)

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T665

EMAIL PREFERENCES

To: kossebau