[Maniphest] [Commented On] T665: Show default (empty) document on startup in document-based Calligra apps

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 13:12:40 GMT 2016

On Monday January 18 2016 12:47:59 C. Boemann wrote:

>Well what you would get is a really empty document then - not pages, no font,
>no margins, no nothing - all of those decisions is what is stored in a
>template. Having to code all those decisions just for the sake of not loading
>a file with those decisions "coded" through a much nice user interface called a
>wordprocessor is well.. stupid.

I'm not sure I agree. I'm quite sure that in OpenOffice and a few other wordprocessors, things like the default styles, page size etc. are configured at a different level than the document template (though a template could probably override them). I may be wrong, of course, but I'd certainly appreciate it if templates have the option to omit specifying things like styles and page size so that my own preference in these matters applies.

Anyway, go ahead, forget I made some noises :)

R.