[Maniphest] [Commented On] T665: Show default (empty) document on startup in document-based Calligra apps

C. Boemann cbo at boemann.dk
Mon Jan 18 11:47:59 GMT 2016

On Monday 18 January 2016 11:28:17 René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Monday January 18 2016 10:05:32 boemann wrote:
> >One thing tohugh - it shouldn't be an empty document - I wan to get away
> >from this  as we need all sorts ofinitial setup, and i want to remove the
> >custom dialog for the same reason - but anyway the default startup
> >document should be the blank template
> >
> >but as i said i fear it's not such a low hanging fruit at all
>
> I've never understood why applications would ever need an actual on-disk
> template for a blank document. Even without using an OO programming
> language proper initialisation of the internal document structure should
> give you (wait for it) an empty document.
>
> R.
Well what you would get is a really empty document then - not pages, no font,
no margins, no nothing - all of those decisions is what is stored in a
template. Having to code all those decisions just for the sake of not loading
a file with those decisions "coded" through a much nice user interface called a
wordprocessor is well.. stupid.