map support, Marble and Mac

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 16:09:14 GMT 2016

On Monday December 26 2016 15:11:03 Gilles Caulier wrote:

Hi Gilles, and happy belated 2016 to you too ;)

>If i'm not too wrong, Marble cmake support has been completely re-written
>from scratch and is now more flexible to bundle (OSX and Windows).
>https://frinring.wordpress.com/2016/12/15/marble-in-your-cmake-or-qmake-based-project-now-more-easy/

I don't see anything about OS X or MS Windows on that page and in fact the remark that this was already possible since 16.08 makes me a bit suspicious. My current MacPorts package provides Marble from 16.08.2, and I this is the patch to make it build for shared & shareable resources:

https://github.com/RJVB/macstrop/blob/master/kf5/kf5-marble/files/patch-build-for-macports-16082.diff

The principle is simple: unlink the installation mode from the platform tokens, and introduce an option with a default value that does depend on a platform token. Hardly more difficult to maintain, it just requires the goodwill to ask oneself if a new Mac-specific addition is purely related to the installation mode or to the platform.

I'll admit that I didn't even try to build it in stock version, but making a standalone and thus *relocatable* Marble app bundle is by definition incompatible with sharing libMarble.

My bad btw: I updated the RR on ReviewBoard once but forgot it was supposed to go on Phabricator... Guess that means I'll have to give it another try ...

R.