Future releases

Dag danders at get2net.dk
Tue Dec 20 11:29:40 GMT 2016

Jonathan Riddell skrev den 2016-12-20 11:58:
> On 20 December 2016 at 08:12, Dag <danders at get2net.dk> wrote:
>> - Who can generate the final release tarball. (pnt 4 below)
>>   It must be someone with a trusted pgp key (I'm not trusted, so can't
>> do
>> it).
>>   It should take <30 minutes, so is there somebody out there who could
>> help?
>
> Any pgp key will do, the only requirement is a packager like myself
> can verify it's the one the Calligra devs used which is usually done
> by putting it on a pgp key server and putting the full fingerprint on
> the release announcement web page and/or e-mails (not on a wiki as
> Kirigami devs like to do).
Thought that was what the trust part should do, anybody could create a
key and say they where a calligra dev.
OTOH probably some of us would protest if calligra was released and none
of us knew about it ;)

>> - Somewhere to upload tarball for testing/checking before released to
>> download.kde.org.
>>   I thought about ftp://upload.kde.org/incoming but I don't think that
>> is
>> possible?
>
> You can't use upload.kde.org no but you could use share.kde.org or any
> other of 100 services like Google Drive or Dropbox.
>
>> 6. Publish tarball on download.kde.org (or possibly upload.kde.org)
>
> very few people have direct access to download.kde.org, the normal
> process is upload.kde.org and sysadmin request.
upload... would be fine with me.

>> 7. Notify packagers and wait some time (a week?) for feedback
>
> A week feels a bit much to me but as you wish
Less is more in this case. What would you suggest would be enough?