ChangeListLevelCommand bug?

C. Boemann cbo at boemann.dk
Thu Nov 19 21:47:57 GMT 2015

On Sunday 04 October 2015 14:59:21 David Faure wrote:
> On Sunday 04 October 2015 14:52:54 Camilla Boemann wrote:
> > Could look like that yes - unfortunately the guy who were most into this
> > have not been active for over a year so i think the best way to know for
> > sure is to debug it - all i can say is that the layout works
> >
> > so it's either the interaction  - but your evidence suggests that is
> > correct
> >
> > or the setup of the indentation - as you suggest that is the culprit'
>
> If that is the case, where do you suggest to debug this further?
> i.e. where is the code that translates "int level" to an actual position in
> cm or pixels?
The redo method calculates the margin in pt. However this is only called for
level 2-10

initially the list is created and the level 1 is set in ChangeListCommand line
80

level 1 is set to MARGIN_DEFAULT*(lev+2)
level 2 is set to MARGIN_DEFAULT*(lev+1)

which in both cases result in a value of 54 :(

btw for a description of how the geometry of the list modes works take a look
at:
libs/textlayout/documentation/list_alignment_mode.txt

(the gui creates lists of mode aligment_mode)

I'd say +1 is the correct thing and ChangeListCommand should be changed

And yeah it seems really bad this is set in so wildly different places

best regards
Camilla